Monday, May 19, 2014

Strings. (May 19)

These three strings are walking along, dying of thirst in the middle of Death Valley. After a long, long trek. They come to a bar. 


"Boy, this is just in time...I can't go any farther." So he walks into the bar and orders a drink. 



"Can't you read the sign there? We don't serve no strings here" bellows the bartender. 



"But I'm going to die of thirst" protests the string. 



With that the bartender picks him up, and throws him out into the street. 



One of his buddies says "I'll disguise myself as a rope and go in to get us a drink." So, in he goes. 



"Hey, I thought I told your friend that we don't serve your kind here. Now get out that door before I stomp on you!" So he quickly retreats out the door. 



Finally the last string says "Hey, I've got an idea...I'll tie myself up like a pretzel, and frizzle out my ends, so he won't recognize me." So in he goes into the bar. He gets up to the bar and orders a drink. 



The bartender eyes him a little suspiciously. "Hey, aren't you one of those strings I told to get out of here?" 



To which the string answered "No, I'm a frayed knot."